About the arts center
The Arts Center of Kershaw County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that brings energy, creativity, and experience of the Arts to all ages. The Arts Center strives to make both the Visual, Music and Performing Arts an integral part of the life of our community by:
- We partner with the Kershaw County Theatre Guild to provide live-performance theatre productions on our Mainstage that foster community engagement, lifelong memories, and quality entertainment!
- We offer art, music, dance, and theatre classes in our Education Building that promote community involvement and excellence in the Arts!
- We inspire and challenge youth in the community through events like Arts Arising, Heritage Tea, our community theatre programs, and our youth theatre programs!
- We partner with the Visual Arts Society to exhibit exciting work by local and regional artists in our Bassett Gallery and newly renovated lobby in the Wood Auditorium!
- We offer meeting and gathering spaces for The Camden Poets Society, the Quilters of Kershaw County, the Camden Community Concert Band, the Kershaw County Music Association, the Visual Arts Society, and the Kershaw County Theatre Guild!
- We partner with local, county and state organizations for outreach, scholarship opportunities and community events and festivities!
- We host some of the finest quality concerts and performances on our Mainstage, including blues and jazz festivals, gospel festivals, chamber music, holiday celebrations, and other performing opportunities for local bands, artists and performers!
- We provide rental space in our Douglas Reed House for weddings, memorials, graduation parties, ceremonies, and other events, both public and private!